The Norfolk Landmark Ledgers, 1900-1904
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Two 1900-1904 ledgers from The Norfolk Landmark in Norfolk, Virginia. The ledgers contain a daily log of advertising information, including clients and costs.
Held at:
Sargeant Memorial Collection
Slover Library
235 East Plume Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Phone: 7574317429
Email: localhistory [at]
Record Series Number: 001/01/MSS 0000-180
Created by: The Norfolk Landmark
Volume: 2.0 Boxes
Acquired: 11/24/2014.
Arrangement: Arranged in chronological order.
Biographical Note for The Norfolk Landmark : The Norfolk Landmark was a Norfolk, Virginia newspaper which ran from 1873-1911. It was published by James Barron Hope & Co. and ran daily, with the exception of Mondays. Its preceding title was Norfolk Journal. The Landmark joined with the Virginian-Pilot in 1912 to become the Virginian-Pilot and the Norfolk Landmark.
Access Restrictions: This collection is open to all researchers.
Subject Index
Norfolk (Va.)
Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers
Norfolk (Va.)--Social life and customs--20th century
Genres/Forms of Material
Advertising blotters
Ledgers (account books)
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: The status of copyright for these materials is governed by Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U. S. C.). Copyright restrictions may apply.
Acquisition Notes: Unknown
PreferredCitation: The Norfolk Landmark Ledgers, MSS 0000-180, Sargeant Memorial Collection, Norfolk Public Library, Norfolk, Virginia.