Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Woman's Club of Norfolk (1905-) | Sargeant Memorial Collection

Name: Woman's Club of Norfolk (1905-)


Historical Note: The Woman’s Club of Norfolk was founded on November 9, 1905 by Virginia Duncan Gatewood in the assembly hall of the Atlantic Hotel in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. The first of its kind in the area, the organization held its first annual meeting on February 13, 1906. From December 1905 to October 1910, the club operated out of 380 Freemason Street, eventually moving to 163 West Freemason Street and later 612 Colonial Avenue. By 1925, the organization had moved its headquarters to 524 Fairfax Avenue where it still currently operates.





Norfolk Public Library
Slover Library
235 Plume Street
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Page Generated in: 0.056 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 6.51MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign